Friday, November 9, 2012

First DFMC Team Meeting


Yesterday was my first team meeting for the DFMC and I have to say I was impressed with the organization and leadership of the team but more impressed with my fellow teammates.  It was amazing seeing close to 100-150 people out of the 500 or so on the team in one room.  The excitement and energy was tangible.  I was relieved to see so many newcomers like myself who were not only running for DFMC for the first time but also in their first marathons.  The best part of the night was going to Boston Beer Works for a few pints after the meeting.  It was great to hear all the stories and reasons why people are running as well from people that had been part of the team before.  I can’t wait to go on the long team runs and hopefully can make some of the Thursday night runs as well.

Some quotes that I think resonated with me from last night are:

·         You thought you signed up for a race but you really signed up to fundraise.

·         The marathon is a celebration not a final exam!

·         Anyone’s goal should be to finish anything else is just bonus.

·         A marathon is a horizontal Everest

No comments:

Post a Comment